Along with the redesigned Home app in iOS 16, a new option allows for resizing your HomeKit accessory tiles in the Home View.
Apple confirmed iPadOS 16 will still support the iPad as a home hub. However, iPad will not work with the new Home app standard, Matter.
Smart home accessory maker TP-Link Kasa is adding support for HomeKit to some products. The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim is available now.
Beginning with iOS 16 and iPadOS 16, you won’t be able to use your iPad as a HomeKit hub. Then again, were you in the first place?
- Geeky Reactions to Apple's Peek Performance Event — Mac Geek Gab 918
- Gossip Factories and Other Manufacturing – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-22
- A Cool Stuff Found Cornucopia — Mac Geek Gab 916
- BBEdit and Shortcuts and You – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-21
- Sci-Fi Stuff We're Waiting For: From Immersive Reality to Robot Companions
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
On Wednesday Apple released iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 to its customers. It’s a minor update that contains a few bug fixes.
While the live security camera view works fine, a bug in HomeKit Secure Video may leave your quick-look thumbnails very outdated.
Nanoleaf devices will help strengthen your smart home mesh network acting as border routers for other Thread over HomeKit devices.
Wemo’s new smart video doorbell announced at Pepcom 2022 will support Apple’s HomeKit. Videos will be stored in a person’s iCloud+ account.
Triggering this HomeKit bug requires using an older version of iOS, but it’s still a viable threat to your iPhone that’s easy to implement.
In two smart home categories, Eve is breaking ground with industry firsts. You can automate your blinds with Thread and take Eve Cam outside.