Tim Cook and China and iPhone and China, updates aplenty for Apple gear, and Apple’s big plans for the big screen come into focus.
Cook, China, and the Latest Round of Updates - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-28
Travelin’ Tim’s taking his time in China. TMO Managing Editor Jeff Butts joins Ken to talk over a meeting between China’s commerce minister and Apple’s CEO. Also, Jeff has a look at the lates OS updates from Apple.
Loosening Restrictions and Holding a Grudge
How over COVID is Apple? A “silent war” over a long held grudge, and “Mac OS Ken” turns 17. That’s what we see from the Observation Deck.
Kuo: iPhone 14 Plus Has Fewer Preorders than iPhone 13 mini, Apple's Segmentation Strategy 'Fails'
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, preorders for the base iPhone 14 and Plus are doing worse than the iPhone 13 mini, which could be bad for Apple.
- AirGuard Lets You Detect AirTags on Android Smartphones
- PSA: Neil Young Still on Apple Music, Amidst Joe Rogan Spotify Row [Updated]
- 'PUBG: Battlegrounds' Now Free to Play on all Platforms
- 'The Matrix Resurrections' Now Available to Rent or Buy on Apple TV
- 'Everyone But Jon Hamm' is The Best Apple TV+ Advert Yet
- ProtonMail 1.15.11 Update Fixes Bugs With Push Notifications
Foxconn Earnings Beat Expectations Partly Due to Strong Sales of the iPhone 13
iPhone maker Foxconn posted earnings that beat concensus projections, partly due to strong demand for the iPhone 13.
Rumors Suggest Base iPhone 14 Will Keep iPhone 13 $799 Price Point, Lose mini
Rumors are circulating that the base model iPhone 14 will retain a $799 price point despite supply chain issues and market stagnation.
Review: iPhone 12 Leather Case Provides Elegance and Protection (Journey)
Today we’re looking at Journey Leather Cases for the iPhone 12. Priced at $39.99, the cases are a nice alternative to Apple’s.
Chris Evans Stuns the Internet By Upgrading His iPhone 6
The internet is buzzing over Chris Evans sharing on Instagram his recent upgrade away from the seven year old iPhone 6.
Apple Takes 62% of Global Premium Smartphone Market Thanks to iPhone 13
Data from Counterpoint Research shows that Apple’s iPhone 13 has dominated the global premium market in the first quarter of 2022.
- A Mixed-Reality and Mailbag Monday - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-13
- Mixed Feelings on Apple's MR Headset - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-27
- Counting and Ditching iPhones - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-21
- Announcements Inside the Yellow iPhone Announcement - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-08
- realityOS and Qualcomm's Smart Car Plans - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-16
- Making India Its Own Thing - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-09
iOS 16 Brings New Camera Upgrade to iPhone 13 Lineup
Apple has announced that iOS 16 is going to include a massive upgrade to the camera in the iPhone 13 lineup.